In 1848, a large Chinese junk arrived in the Thames, brought there from Hong Kong via New York She was exhibited to large audiences. Pamphlets and medals were produced. Keying was the name of the Canton Commissioner. Her sea-kindly hull was 160ft long, 33ft wide, 16ft hold depth, 750 tons burthen and contained fifteen compartments, some watertight. Her three masts were of iron-wood; her sails battened matting. The lifting rudder weighed seven tons and was attached by ropes without pintles and gudgeons. “Keying” was exported from China illegally. After being exhibited, she was broken up in the Mersey.