1641 Dutch wreck off Chesil Beach

Home Forums Nautical Research: 1500 – 1830 1641 Dutch wreck off Chesil Beach

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    S. W
    Participant

In my book about the wreck of the Dutch ship Golden Grape [Treasure of the Golden Grape: 11th December 1641 a Chesil Beach Wreck, Selwyn Williams, Portland 2012], masquerading as an English ship to trade to Cadiz and San Lucar while the Dutch were at war with Spain, I have transcribed from Secretary hand the original 1642 HCA document in full for the second half of the book, which details the voyage, wreck and local contemporary salvage plus artifacts found since.

This was a recent comment from a researcher.

‘I’m a postgraduate researcher at Murdoch University doing my dissertation on the Manila trade. When I was in London I bought a copy of your book and I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. After spending months at the Spanish archives in Seville it brought the period to life for me.’

Roderick G. Orlina,  PhD Candidate,  Asia Research Centre,  Murdoch University, Western Australia

I am happy to sell the book for £10 (usually £14.95) including p&p to UK members of the Society. More details can be found at http://www.deadmansbay.co.uk.

Selwyn Williams

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.