Wax bas relief of a ship enclosed in a wooden display case.
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 months ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
I am researching the following information on behalf of a client
Wax bas relief of a galleon ship enclosed in a wooden display case, purchased from an antiques dealer in Nags Head, North Carolina, who acquired the item from a Maryland estate.
– The overall size of the item is approximately 15″ x 10″.
– The wax is signed “A.W. 16×00”.
– The rear of the round wooden display case is wrapped in faded newspaper from “The Times” (London) and dated January 26th, 1793.
– The item is displayed on a square wooden mounting board (not pictured) that has a small stamp on the back from Purnell Art Galleries, Baltimore MD.
We believe the item originated in Western Europe. Possibly London based off the newspaper wrapping on the rear of the round display case.
Further information if you have any on the ship itself as well as the wax relief would be much appreciated.
Follow us on social media:
Sign up to our newsletter to receive the latest on news and events: